Performance Measurement/ Internal Audit/Monitoring And Evaluation (M&E)
One purpose of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) at AJKRSP is to give management timely information about how the organizations work is progressing against agreed plans, whether processes are being followed, if needed then how to improve the program through timely course corrections and to learn lessons for the future. The orientation of M&E is on how to improve the program – a supportive role. Another purpose is to also give the BoD, donors and external audience evidence based information on the above. The timing, level of detail and focus may vary between the two.
The overall goal of poverty alleviation and improving the quality of life in AJK is shared by all agencies working for socioeconomic development in AJK, including the government. Within that overall goal, AJKRSP has its own objectives as discussed above in the strategic plan. Therefore, AJKRSP does not presume to itself single handed take responsibility for that overall shared goal.
The organization (AJKRSP) is accountable for sectoral programs in SM&ID, MF&EDP, GAD, DM, integrated social protection intervention and to some extent in HRD (much of it is out sourced), where it envisages full sectoral program interventions. In other sectors eg education, healthcare, ENRM, physical infrastructure, it is accountable for narrow specific interventions within the wider sector activities, such as, SMCs (in education), HMCs (in healthcare), creating linkages with ENRM line departments, the SM part of physical infrastructure etc.
The following is a list of regular monitoring activities.
Meetings at gross root level:
- Routine/fortnightly meetings of COs/VOs/LSOs
- COs/VOs/LSOs resolution
- Update the COs/VOs/LSOs attendance and proceeding registers
- LSO GB and EB meetings
- Progress review meetings of RSP staff with LSO/TSO/DSO EB & GB
- Daily diary of SOs
Meetings at Field Unit level:
- Meeting of FU staff to discuss progress & future planning
Meetings at District level:
- Weekly Staff Meetings
- Monthly staff meetings or District level program planning meetings
Meetings at Head Office level:
- Weekly Meetings
- Monthly meetings
- Special meetings of sector heads
- Project specific meetings
Formal Processes – formal monitoring system includes:
- Monthly Progress Report – MPR
- Quarterly Progress Report – QPR
- Monthly Projects Updates
- Annual Progress Report
- Montly programme & Projects Updates
- Visits of sectoral heads and NFRs
- Donor visits and feed back reports